I purchased the highchair above at a Children’s resale before Luke was born. It is a Badger Euro II Highchair. I like it’s simple design and that it cost $40.00 and is like new. But it always seems like Luke is uncomfortable and since the straps where not all there he was always leaning forward.
I made a padded seat and back cover.
First I purchased a Stokke padding set first to see if it would work, but it wasn’t quite the right fit or price (more than I paid for the highchair) so I used it for reference for a cover and made one myself.
The cover has a couple layers of batting inside so it is soft for Luke to sit in and is attached with velcro around the back rungs. The seat is a separate cover that has elastic around the bottom band to secure over the existing cushion. I also improvised giant button holes after finding out my button hole foot wouldn’t make them as big as I needed for the straps to feed through.
I like the way it turned out. It is securely attached to the seat yet will be quick and easy to remove when I need to launder it. I think I am going to make a couple so when it needs to be washed I can pop another on in the meantime.
I am also planning on painting and recovering our dining room chairs this summer as they are a mix match of several different styles (on purpose). The plan for a couple years now has been to paint the chairs white and cover the seats. So I am thinking this fabric may be a fun alternative to the solid I was planning. :)
Thanks for stopping by!